How to become a PSBP member
- In order to become a member, complete the membership declaration (PDF).
- Send your completed declaration to the Society’s address (Contact Us)
- The rights and duties of PSBP members are detailed in Chapter III of the Statute.
- PSBP members are obliged to pay an annual fee.
- The current annual membership fee is 50 zloty.
- Payments should be made to the following account:
- Domestic transfers
Alior Bank 27 2490 0005 0000 4500 5037 9849
- International transfers
IBAN: PL 27 2490 0005 0000 4500 5037 9849
- Domestic transfers
- Please enter “MEMBERSHIP FEE FOR (YEAR), NAME AND SURNAME” as payment title.
Membership benefits and duties
Benefits from membership in the PSBP include:
- access to the Society’s educational activities, particularly to training courses, lectures and talks, as well as conferences and seminars.
- concessionary fees for participation in trainings and conferences organized by the Society.
- professional and legal assistance.
- support in scientific, self-educational, and business initiatives consistent with the statutory objectives of the Society.
- active engagement in the life of the Society by proposing initiatives, participating in meetings, as well as the right to vote and to stand for election.
PSBP members are obliged to contribute to the realization of the statutory objectives of the Society, which includes:
- Developing and promoting psychological knowledge, with special focus on behavior analysis as the science of behavior.
- Engaging in the propagation of knowledge about socially undesirable phenomena and in activities aimed at modifying them.
- Promoting behavioral therapy as a form of psychological treatment, as well as popularizing knowledge about the forms of therapy and their effectiveness.
- Supporting research, initiatives, and efforts undertaken to expand knowledge about the rules governing behavior as well as using this knowledge in practice.
- Organizing courses for people whose work involves behavior modification and granting them qualifications to apply particular behavior modification techniques after passing exams testing their theoretical and practical preparation for the application of these techniques.
- Providing diagnostic and therapeutic help to people with behavior disorders as well as expert assistance to their caregivers, teachers, and therapists.
- Organizing and conducting resocialization, rehabilitation, and educational activities.
- Taking care to ensure high standards of professional ethics in behavioral therapy specialists.
Honorary PSBP membership has so far been awarded to two world’s eminent representatives of behavioral psychology: Prof. William M. Baum and Prof. Howard Rachlin.
Prof. Howard Rachlin, considered to be a founder of behavioral economics, is Professor Emeritus of the Faculty of Psychology at Stony Brook University in New York. His early works were devoted to quantitative analyses of pigeons’ operant behaviors. At that time, he collaborated with Prof. William M. Baum on developing the matching law, whose author is Richard Herrnstein. Later, he investigated human and animal choice and decision making in order to understand the psychological and economic basis of self-control, addictions, social behaviors, and altruism. The research conducted by Prof. Rachlin is focused on the determinants of choices made at different time intervals as well as their influence on self-control and social behavior.
Prof. William M. Baum is Professor at the University of California in Davis, CA. He is also Professor Emeritus of the University of New Hampshire. He serves as editor of Learning & Motivation and the Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior. Prof. Baum was a Board Member of the Society for the Experimental Analysis of Behavior. His research interests have focused on two issues: empirical and theoretical analyses of choice-making behaviors and philosophical considerations concerning behaviorism. He is a regular participant in international congresses organized by the Association of Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).